1ST/2ND LINE IT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
Location: Ilkley, West Yorkshire
Salary: up to £26k dependent upon experience and qualifications
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent.
Hours: 8 AM to 4:30 PM
Ilkley IT Services is currently looking to add a 1st/ 2nd Line IT Support Technician to our existing support team. You will be required to provide our customers with a high level of professional and friendly IT support. Our success is built on 1st class customer service, delivered in a friendly approachable manner.
The role is an opportunity to join our busy service desk where customer care is paramount with opportunities to excel and grow within the business. You will work alongside experienced IT support technicians and have access to industry-standard training.
We would invest in your development, through online training courses, so you’d be able to achieve and maintain the learning and required qualifications to support the business.
About the IT Support Technician role:
- The role includes a mixture of 1st and 2nd line support with the opportunity to get into 3rd line.
- Providing end-user desktop support.
- Supporting and maintaining Office 365 solutions.
- Escalate IT issues within the team where necessary.
- Setting up and configuring new laptops and desktops.
- Installing authorised software to laptops and desktops.
- Troubleshoot desktop and system problems, diagnose and solve hardware/software issues.
- Provide professional and friendly support to our many clients.
- Provide solution(s)/work around(s) to incidents and problems.
- To occasionally visit customer sites to fix problems, that cannot be resolved remotely or install new equipment
- Contribute to policies, processes and procedures.
- Establishing a good working relationship with our clients and colleagues.
- Keep up to date with advancements in technology.
- Helping to manage and monitor our RMM solution.
- Updating documentation software.
- Any other duties as reasonably required of which you are capable.
Requirements of the IT Support Technician:
- Experience working for an MSP / IT Support company prefered, but not essential.
- A minimum of 1-year experience on an IT support desk or closely related IT position.
- A strong understanding of Microsoft products, including Windows 7, 8 & 10, MS Office products including Office 365, Windows Server 2012 / 2016 and Active Directory.
- A strong understanding of Office 365 administration is essential to the role.
- Network configuration and troubleshooting.
- Good communication skills and relationship building.
- Self-motivating with an appetite to learn new things.
- Must have a strong work ethic and be hard working.
- Manages difficult situations calmly.
- Use of own car preferred but not essential. (car expenses will be paid).
- Full UK driving licence.
If you feel you meet the above criteria of this 1st/ 2nd Line IT Support Technician role please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
More about us
Ilkley IT Services has been providing high quality IT support to business in Ilkley and surrounding towns since 2005. We have a fantastic customer base some of whom have used our services for over 10 years.
We have a strong focus on cloud-based services and over the last few years have been helping customers move away from the more traditional server-based solution to cloud-based ones.
We have a tight team of talented individuals who operate to a set of core values which includes: enthusiasm, integrity, courtesy, reliability, commitment to quality and going above and beyond in order to deliver cutting edge support and solutions to our customers.
If you meet the above criteria and wish to apply for one of the roles available, please send your CV and cover note by email to firstname.lastname@example.org