1st Line IT Support Technician
Ilkley IT Services is currently looking to add a 1st line IT Support Technician to our existing support team. You will be required to provide our customers with a high level of professional and friendly IT support. Our success is built on 1st class customer service, delivered in a friendly approachable manner.
The role is an opportunity to join our busy service desk where customer care is paramount with opportunities to excel and grow within the business. You will work alongside experienced IT support technicians and have access to industry standard training.
About the role
- Providing end-user desktop support
- Supporting and maintaining Office 365 solutions.
- Escalate IT issues within the team where necessary.
- Setting up and configuring new laptops and desktops.
- Installing authorised software to laptops and desktops.
- Troubleshoot desktop and system problems, diagnose and solve hardware/software issues.
- Provide professional and friendly support to our many clients.
- Provide solution(s)/work around(s) to incidents and problems.
- To occasionally visit customer sites to fix problems, that cannot be resolved remotely or install new equipment
- Contribute to policies, processes and procedures.
- Establishing a good working relationship with our clients and colleagues.
- Keep up to date with advancements in technology.
- Systems monitoring.
- Performance monitoring.
- Antivirus installation to desktops and laptops.
- Updating documentation software.
- Good communication skills.
- Has excellent attention to detail.
- Remains calm and clear-headed under pressure.
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
- A proactive approach to work and to continuous improvement.
- Works within the team and assists others, where required, to achieve a common goal.
- Listens to and is open to ideas and suggestions from others.
- Use initiative to ensure that high importance deadlines and SLAs are met.
- Takes every opportunity to go the extra mile for the company.
- Demonstrates enterprise by continually enhancing themselves and their workplace.
- Demonstrates enterprise by suggesting ways to develop the business processes and by being proactive.
- Always willing to cooperate and assist.
Desirable Experience and Skills
- A strong understanding of Microsoft products, including:
- Windows 7, 8 & 10.
- MS Office products including Office 365.
- Windows Server 2008 /2012 / 2016.
- Active Directory & Group Policy.
- Office 365 administration.
- Network troubleshooting, TCP/IP and general WAN/ LAN troubleshooting.
- A minimum of 1-year work experience on an IT support desk or closely related IT position.
Use of own car required. Expenses paid.
Salary up to £22k dependent upon experience and qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent.
If you are genuinely interested in IT and are looking for a rewarding career in IT technical support, then please forward your CV to email@example.com
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.